Sweet & Spicy Chicken Meatballs
Share these Sweet & Spicy Chicken Meatballs with friends and family on game day. This recipe is an easy appetizer to make for get-togethers and parties. Just stick some mini party forks or decorative tooth pics in each one, and they are good to go!
I also love to have them one night for dinner, which provides plenty of leftovers for the week. They pair nicely with some rice and stir fry vegetables.
Whenever I’m making something spicy, I usually try to complement it with other flavors. Adding some sweetness to this recipe with honey tones down the spiciness of the Sriracha. Although be warned these sweet & spicy chicken meatballs still pack some heat. Then by adding fresh orange zest, this sauce is taken to the next level.
If you are having a large number of guests over feel free to double the recipe. You can also cut the recipe in half if you are meal prepping for one or two people.Print
These sweet & spicy chicken meatballs offer the perfect kickoff to any party. They can also be enjoyed as a family dinner.
- 2lbs ground chicken
- 1 cup Panko
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 of one onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Sriracha
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar (or white vinegar)
- 2 tbsp Low Sodium Soy Sauce or Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
- 1 orange, zested
- 2 green onion, sliced thin tops and bottoms separated
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease a metal sheet pan with a high heat oil such as avocado or canola oil.
- In a large mixing bowl add ground chicken, panko, onion, garlic, ginger, pepper, and salt. Mix until well combined.
- Form into small meatballs and place on the lined baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes, flip the meatballs to the other side, and continue baking for another 10-12 minutes or until completely cooked through.
- While the meatballs are baking make the sweet and spicy sauce. ;In a small saucepan add sriracha, honey, rice vinegar, soy sauce, and orange zest over medium heat. Simmer for a few minutes and remove from heat
- Once out of the oven toss with the Sweet and Spicy Sauce.
- Garnish with green onions and toasted sesame seeds..
- Category: Dinner, Appetizer
Keywords: Sweet and Spicy Chicken Meatballs, appetizer, game day, super bowl, healthy starters, meal prep, asian inspired, dinner, ground chicken, ginger, sriracha