Are you a fan of edamame?
Try adding this Asian Pasta Salad to your menu!
I am definitely a fan of edamame! Whenever I go out for sushi 🍣 I always order edamame on the side. For some reason, the flavor of plain edamame has a butteriness to it that I love 💜 .
What is edamame?
Edamame originates in East Asia and is an immature soybean. It makes a great snack or addition to many dishes. One way I use edamame is by adding it to my Asian Pasta Salad. The savoriness from the dressing pairs well with the buttery flavor from the edamame.
Edamame nutrient highlights include:
- high in protein – approximately 18 g of protein per cup
- rich in Magnesium, Folate, and Vitamin K
In addition, I’m also a huge lover of pasta salads.
-They make great leftovers.
-You can add a variety of vegetables. 🍅 🥕🥦
-The flavor combos are endless!
Do you like pasta salad? What is your favorite flavor combo? Let me know!
My favorite pasta to use for pasta salad is Banza’s rotini noodles. Their pasta is made from chickpeas and gluten-free. Banza pasta is also high in protein and fiber!Print
Try this Asian inspired pasta salad for an easy weeknight meal. It makes a great leftover for lunch too.
For the Pasta Salad:
- 1 box Banza Pasta
- 1 cup Purple Cabbage, chopped
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 green onions, whites and greens sliced
- 1 cup edamame, fresh or frozen (if frozen thaw beforehand)
For the dressing:
- 1/2 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1/2 tbsp Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp Honey
- 1 tsp Ginger, freshly grated
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- Pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Cook the Pasta according to the box directions.
- In a large bowl add all of the vegetables and the cooked pasta.
- In a small bowl whisk all of the dressing ingredients.
- Pour the dressing over the pasta salad mixture. Stir to combine.
- Top with toasted sesame seeds. Serve immediately or store in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- Category: Dinner, Lunch
Keywords: Asian Pasta Salad, Asian vinegrette, healthy Asian inspired salad dressing, sesame seeds, ginger, soy sauce, cold pasta, lunch, leftovers, meal prep, edamame, weeknight meal, dinner, 30 minute meals, healthy, vegetarian, vegan