These sweet & spicy chicken meatballs offer the perfect kickoff to any party. They can also be enjoyed as a family dinner.
- 2lbs ground chicken
- 1 cup Panko
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 of one onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Sriracha
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar (or white vinegar)
- 2 tbsp Low Sodium Soy Sauce or Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
- 1 orange, zested
- 2 green onion, sliced thin tops and bottoms separated
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease a metal sheet pan with a high heat oil such as avocado or canola oil.
- In a large mixing bowl add ground chicken, panko, onion, garlic, ginger, pepper, and salt. Mix until well combined.
- Form into small meatballs and place on the lined baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes, flip the meatballs to the other side, and continue baking for another 10-12 minutes or until completely cooked through.
- While the meatballs are baking make the sweet and spicy sauce. ;In a small saucepan add sriracha, honey, rice vinegar, soy sauce, and orange zest over medium heat. Simmer for a few minutes and remove from heat
- Once out of the oven toss with the Sweet and Spicy Sauce.
- Garnish with green onions and toasted sesame seeds..
- Category: Dinner, Appetizer
Keywords: Sweet and Spicy Chicken Meatballs, appetizer, game day, super bowl, healthy starters, meal prep, asian inspired, dinner, ground chicken, ginger, sriracha