Sweet potato breakfast muffins add the perfect amount of sweetness to your morning with warming spices including cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg. Topped with a cinnamon glaze.
- 1 3/4 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk, dairy or non-dairy milk of choice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups sweet potato puree
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup raisins
- ;1/4 tsp salt
Cinnamon Glaze (optional):
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2–3 tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a standard size muffin pan (holds 12).
- In a small bowl mix together brown sugar, yogurt, milk, sweet potato puree, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- In a large bowl mix together white whole wheat flour, ginger, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, and salt. Make a well in the center and add the wet ingredients. Mix together until thoroughly combined. Gently stir in the raisins.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin pan until about 3/4 full each. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Once out of the oven let the muffins cool for 5-10 minutes. Use a knife to gently run along the edge of each muffin and place onto a cooling rack. Serve immediately or store in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- For extra cinnamon goodness top with a drizzle of my cinnamon glaze. All you need to do to make this glaze is whisk together powdered sugar, milk, and cinnamon.
Keywords: Sweet Potato Breakfast Muffins, breakfast, dessert, cinnamon sugar glaze, whole wheat, sweet morning recipes, healthy