Summer Peach Quinoa Salad
It’s peach season here in Georgia, and I have been dying to come up with some recipes containing peaches. Typically when you think of peaches sweet dishes may come to mind. Today I’m sharing a balance of sweet and savory with this summer peach quinoa salad with an orange maple ginger dressing. The flavor coming from toasted hazelnuts, basil, goat cheese, ginger, orange, and maple syrup compliment the juicy peaches quite well.
Different Ways to Use Peaches
While they’re in season here’s a couple of different ways you can enjoy them:
- Make a chutney
- Sliced on top of oatmeal
- Peach Iced Tea – I’ll be sharing my ginger peach tea recipe soon.
- Chilled peach soup
- Mixed in yogurt
- Peach pie – I’ll be posting a recipe soon for my grandmother’s peach custard pie.
- In a salad
- Plenty of desserts such as muffins, galettes, coffee cakes, homemade pop tart filling, etc.
- Pork recipes
- Jams and spreads
The perfect summer side dish or entree for any weeknight meal, picnic, or gathering.
For the Salad:
3 peaches, sliced thinly
1 cup blueberries;1/2 cup hazelnuts, chopped roughly
2 cups uncooked quinoa
3–4 basil leaves, sliced into thin ribbons
1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
4 cups baby spring mix or salad greens of your choice
For the dressing:
1/2 cup olive oil
1 orange juiced
1 tbsp ginger, peeled and grated
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp maple syrup
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Spray nonstick cooking spray on a baking sheet and place the hazelnuts on the tray. Make sure the hazelnuts are spread out in one even layer. Place the hazelnuts in the oven for 5-7 minutes.
- In a medium pot cook the quinoa according to the package instructions.
- While the quinoa is cooking prepare the salad dressing in a small bowl by whisking the olive oil, orange juice, ginger, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, salt, and pepper together.
- In a large bowl combine the cooked quinoa, basil, peaches, blueberries, toasted hazelnuts, and baby spring mix. Pour about half of the dressing over the salad mixture and gently stir to combine. Serve immediately or store in the fridge up to 2-3 days.
- Category: Salad
Keywords: quinoa salad, summer peach quinoa salad, warm salads, grain salads, meal prep recipes, easy dinner recipes, lunch recipes, summer recipes, peach recipes
Here are some other delicious recipes:
Let me know if you try this recipe in the comments section below.
DON’T FORGET TO PIN THIS SUMMER PEACH QUINIA SALAD TO YOUR PINTEREST BOARD!