These slow cooker sloppy joes are a savory homemade version of manwich with a serving of veggies included.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1lb Ground Turkey
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1/2 of one onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- 1 (28 oz) can of fire roasted crushed tomatoes
- 2 tbsp of tomato paste;2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Hamburger buns, I used Nature’s Own Whole Wheat
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium high heat.
- Place turkey in the pan and break up with a spatula or a meat chopper utensil. Cook until browned for about 6-8 minutes.
- Add onion, garlic, bell pepper, and carrot. Cook for an additional 5 minutes. ;Transfer turkey and vegetable mixture into a crockpot. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, parsley, mustard, brown sugar, chili powder, salt, and pepper.
- Stir the ingredient together to combine. ;Cook on HIGH for 3 hours or LOW for 6 hours.
- Serve on a hamburger bun and enjoy!
- Category: Dinner
Keywords: homemade manwich, healthy, slow cooker sloppy joes, crock pot meal, ground turkey, sandwich