This pineapple carrot cake baked oatmeal is a key component to making a tasty breakfast yogurt parfait.
- 1 and 1/2 cups carrots, grated (3–4 carrots)
- 1 cup pineapple, fresh or frozen (thawed)
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups milk of choice (I used almond milk)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl mix together carrots, pineapple, oats, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- In a medium bowl whisk together milk, eggs, honey, ginger, and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until well combined. Stir in the chopped walnuts.
- Pour the mixture into the casserole dish and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Once out of the oven cool for 10 minutes.
- Serve with Greek yogurt or make into layered parfaits in mason jars. To make layered parfaits place baked oatmeal as the bottom layer, cover with Greek yogurt, crumble some more oats on top of the yogurt, and add one more dollop of Greek yogurt.
Store in the fridge to have these parfaits breakfast ready for the next few days.
- Category: Breakfast, Snack, Dessert
Keywords: Pineapple Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal, yogurt breakfast parfait, on the go meal, snack, healthy, nutritious, sweet, dessert, easy, quick meals