Matcha Tea Chia Pudding
Breakfast is probably one of my favorite meals of the day. Nothing perks me up in the morning more than a tasty recipe such as this Matcha Tea Chia Pudding. Recently, I’ve been obsessed with making matcha green tea lattes. After purchasing a big ole bag of matcha powder, I began brainstorming other ways I could make use of it.
Matcha powder can be used in a variety of different ways. Some fun ways to use matcha powder are in smoothies, hot or cold lattes, baked goods, pancakes, and homemade ice cream. You only need a small amount for most recipes so the upfront price tag goes a long way.
How to Make an Iced Matcha Latte:
As I mentioned before, iced matcha tea lattes are one of my favorite beverages right now. Instead of going to Starbucks, I started making my own at home to save money. I actually did an Instagram story highlighting how much money I have saved since switching to making my favorite drink at home. Here are the steps I use to make my iced matcha tea latte at home:
- Grab a mason jar with a lid and fill the jar with a handful of ice.
- Add about 1 cup of milk, 1/2 tsp matcha powder, and honey to the jar.
- Twist the lid back onto the jar and shake for 10-15 seconds. Enjoy!
Nourishing Breakfast Tips:
When you build a breakfast that is compiled of your favorite foods and balanced in the nutrients you need, it can help you start your day off right.
- Include a good variety of carbohydrates, fats, and protein. A balanced breakfast will give you the energy you need and keep you satisfied.
- Eat what you enjoy. No one wants to wake up and eat something their not particularly fond of. Figure out what your favorite breakfast foods are and add them into your morning mix.
- Make your breakfast ahead of time. If you tend to feel rushed or overwhelmed in the morning, making breakfast the night before or for the week can be a major help.
- Check in with how hungry you are in the morning. If you’re feeling particularly hungry one morning, opt for a larger breakfast. On days you’re not as hungry it’s okay to eat a lighter breakfast. You can always eat a small snack first and have a full breakfast as you start to feel more hungry later on in the morning.
- How does your breakfast make you feel? Piggybacking off the last point, it’s important to take note of how you feel after eating breakfast. This will help you figure out what kind of breakfast works best for you.
- It does not have to be perfect. As I mentioned having a good balance of nutrients in your breakfast can help keep you energized and satisfied, it’s okay to veer off that path when you see fit.
This matcha green tea chia pudding is perfect for breakfast with the earthy flavors coming from the matcha tea, sourness from the yogurt, sweetness from the berries and honey, and nuttiness from the chopped almonds.
- 1 cup Greek yogurt, or plant-based yogurt
- 1 cup milk, dairy or plant-based
- 1/2 cup chia seeds;1 tbsp honey
- 3 tsp matcha powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups raspberries
- 1/2 cup almonds, roughly chopped (optional)
- In a large bowl mix the yogurt, milk, matcha powder, honey, chia seeds, and vanilla extract, together until well combined.
- Divide evenly between four jars or containers. Let the chia pudding sit overnight in the fridge.
- Top with fresh raspberries and chopped almonds. Store in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- Category: Breakfast
Keywords: match tea chia pudding, matcha recipes, breakfast recipes, healthy breakfast recipes, chia seed pudding, chia seed recipes, on the go breakfast recipe, vegetarian breakfast recipe, vegan breakfast recipe
Let me know if you try this Matcha Tea Chia Pudding in the comments section below!
Check out some of these other breakfast recipes on the blog:
Also, don’t forget to save this recipe to your Pinterest board!