Loaded Apple Nachos
Do you prefer chocolate 🍫 or peanut butter 🥜?
If you like both these loaded apple nachos are for you!
Any kind of dessert or snack containing these two is right up my alley. My current obsession is sliced apples drizzled with melted dark chocolate and peanut butter. Sometimes I’ll even throw some coconut flakes and toasted macadamia nuts on top.
You can make a large batch for game day or parties, which in my experience always goes over well. Just make sure to squeeze some citrus juice from a lime, lemon, or orange juice over the apples to prevent browning. I forgot to add some to mine before I took this picture, whoops! Citrus fruits contains ascorbic acid (Vitamin C), which helps prevent enzymatic browning in apples.
When choosing what kind of peanut butter to use I typically go for a creamy consistency with no added sugar or oils. For this recipe I used this Santa Cruz peanut butter , just make sure to give it a good stir once you open the jar.
One fun fact about me is for part of my childhood I grew up on an apple orchard in PA.
What’s your favorite snack or dessert right now?Print
These loaded apple nachos are the perfect snack for gatherings, football Sunday, or even a family night. The apple nachos are layered with melted chocolate, peanut butter, coconut flakes, macademia nuts, and cinnamon.
- 4–5 apples of choice, cored and sliced into wedges (I used honey crisp, you can also use a variety)
- 4 tbsp nut butter, melted (I used peanut butter)
- 2 tbsp dark chocolate, melted
- 2 tbsp macadamia nuts
- 1/4 cup shaved coconut
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Arrange the apple wedges on a plate.
- Melt peanut butter in the microwave for 30-45 seconds. Drizzle over the apples.
- Melt dark chocolate in the microwave for 30-60 seconds. Drizzle over the apples.
- Toss macadamia nuts, shaved coconut, and a dash of cinnamon on top.
- Category: Dessert, Snack, Party Foods
Keywords: loaded apple nachos, healthy snacks, football sunday treat, peanut butter, macademia nuts, dark chocolate, melted, dessert
Let me know if you try this Load Apple Nacho recipe in the comments section below!