Flourless Chocolate Chip Cookies
Happy Valentines Day!
“All you need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt” – Charles Schulz.
These flourless chocolate chip cookies will change your life. I promise!
Today I am sharing with you my flourless chocolate chip cookies! My bf is a major fan of my regular chocolate chip walnut cookies. Since I’m always experimenting in the kitchen I decided to come up with a flourless recipe.
I’ve already established in my apple nachos post that I love peanut butter and chocolate. So, of course, these crumbly cookies contain both!
In this recipe, I used oats to replace the flour. If you are gluten-free make sure your oats are labeled as gluten-free. Some brands may be made in a facility that also processes gluten-containing products.
Instead of using butter in this recipe I used peanut butter. My favorite brand is Santa Cruz Organic. Their peanut butter contains only roasted peanuts with a tiny dash of salt. That’s right just creamy peanut butter goodness! I literally put their peanut butter on anything and everything I possibly can.
Why am I replacing traditional cookie ingredients?
Well, recently my aunt requested that I come up with a “healthier” version of her favorite treat, chocolate chip cookies. Being the good niece I am I created this recipe especially for her, but I also discussed ways she can view desserts differently.
These cookies may have different nutritional properties, but in no way am I saying to never have a regular cookie. My nutrition philosophy believes all of your favorite foods can fit into your life. If this is something you struggle with I would love to help you find peace with all foods.
How are you spending Valentine’s Day? Are you making anything yummy?Print
These flourless chocolate chip cookies are perfect for anyone craving something sweet. They’re filled with chocolatey peanut butter goodness.
- 3/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup walnuts, roughly chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl combine oats, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl mix together eggs, peanut butter, and vanilla extract.
- Combine dry and wet ingredients together and mix well.
- Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts.;Scoop batter out into balls and place on the cookie sheet. Press down on each cookie with a fork.
- Bake 9-12 minutes or until edges are golden. Let cookies cool on the pan for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack or your mouth! Enjoy!
- Category: Dessert, Cookies
Keywords: flourless chocolate chip cookies, dessert recipes, gluten free friendly, peanut butter, oatmeal, quick oats