Easy Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers
Are you a fan of meatless meals?
These easy vegetarian stuffed peppers are perfect for meatless Mondays or any weeknight dinner. There’s plenty for the whole family. If it’s just you then you will have enough for leftovers for lunches or dinners during the week!
One way I like to lower my consumption of meat is by making meatless meals one or two times per week. While meat is still a part of my diet other days I really like to use these nights to incorporate more vegetables, grains, and legumes.
What are the benefits of eating more plant-based meals?
- Increased fiber intake
- Most meatless meals are lower in saturated fat and cholesterol
- Helps prevent chronic diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, and cancer.
- Radiant Skin – eating more fruits and vegetables in general that contain plenty of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and higher water content are great for the skin.
- Decreased inflammation – diets high in red meat have been linked to increased inflammation
How to Make Stuffed Peppers:
Making stuffed bell peppers is easier than you might think. First I make sure to pick peppers large enough and that are symmetrical. Secondly you want to cut the peppers in half. Then make sure you precook them so they are tender before adding the stuffing. Once you have your stuffing ready and the peppers are softened you can stuff them for your final bake. The final bake should be just long enough to melt the cheese and warm up the stuffing ingredients.
Nutrition Fact of the Day:
Did you know that one red bell pepper has approximately over 180% of your recommended daily allowance of vitamin C?! That’s more than double the amount of an orange!Print
Easy Mexican inspired vegetarian stuffed peppers.
- 3 Peppers halved (any color)
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup Mexican cheese
- 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp Chili powder
- 1/2 tbsp Cumin
- 1 cup salsa, store bought or homemade
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a casserole dish with nonstick stray.
- Arrange the halved bell peppers in the dish and place in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- While the peppers are cooking mix together the cooked quinoa, 1/2 of the Mexican cheese, black beans, chili powder, cumin, and salsa in a bowl.
- Once the peppers have softened take them out of the oven. Fill each pepper with the quinoa mixture. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top of each stuffed pepper.
- Bake the stuffed peppers for an additional 10 minutes. Serve immediately or store in the fridge for leftovers for the next 3-4 days.
Keywords: Easy Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers, mexican inspired recipes, mexican stuffed peppers, vegetarian recipes, vegan friendly recipes, easy weeknight dinner ideas, quinoa
Let me know in the comments section below if you try this easy vegetarian stuffed peppers recipe!
Other meatless meals you will love:
SAVE THIS EASY VEGETARIAN STUFFED PEPPERS RECIPE BY PINNING IT TO YOUR PINTEREST BOARD:
Chai W, Morimoto Y, Cooney RV, et al. Dietary Red and Processed Meat Intake and Markers of Adiposity and Inflammation: The Multiethnic Cohort Study. J Am Coll Nutr. 2017;36(5):378-385.