I was craving something a little sweet today, so I decided to make these dark chocolate blueberry muffins. While I love to cook, I feel like baking is more therapeutic. Can anyone relate to this?
Maybe the reason is that I rarely ever bake and cooking is more of a daily thing.
These dark chocolate blueberry oat muffins definitely fulfilled my sweet tooth. These muffins crumble right in your mouth. I think they would be perfect for a dessert, snack, or even breakfast.
What do you make when you are craving something sweet? Let me know!Print
These dark chocolate blueberry muffins will add a little sweetness to your mornings or evening.
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 large eggs
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp of honey
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375. Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick spray if not using muffin liners.
- Stir oats, whole wheat flour, baking powder, and baking soda together in a large bowl.
- Beat two eggs in a smaller bowl. Add bananas and mash with a fork. Mix in the Greek yogurt, honey, lemon zest, and vanilla extract.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredient mixture and pour wet ingredients into the well. Stir until just combined. Gently fold in the blueberries and chocolate chips, insuring not to overmix the batter.
- Spoon the batter evenly into the muffin cups and bake for 15-18 minutes. To make sure the muffins are fully cooked stick a tooth pick in the center of one muffin. If they are done it should comes out clean.
- Remove muffins from oven and place on cooling rack.
- Category: Dessert, Snacks, Breakfast
Keywords: Dark Chocolate Blueberry Muffins, dessert, snacks, breakfast, healthy, oats, lemon, blueberries, chocolate chip
Also, don’t forget to let me know if you try this recipe below!