These chocolate banana muffins are the perfect start to any morning. Flavors included are cocoa, banana, coconut, and a hint of cinnamon.
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3 overripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk (cow’s milk, almond milk, etc.)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon . Make a well in the center of the bowl.
- Heat a medium pan over medium heat and add the coconut oil to the pan. Once the oil has melted add the mashed bananas, coconut flakes, and brown sugar. Stir the mixture and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let cool for a couple minutes. Once the mixture has cooled a bit add the vanilla, egg, and milk. Mix together until well blended.
- Pour the wet mixture in the well of the dry mixture. Stir just until well combined. Spoon the muffin batter into the muffin tins.;Bake in the oven for 20-22 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean. Enjoy!
- Category: Dessert, Muffins, Breakfast, Baked Goods
Keywords: chocolate banana muffins, muffin recipe, banana muffins, coconut, cinnamon