Easy Avocado Brownies
Sometimes I’m craving something super-rich and decadent.
These easy avocado brownies are silky, smooth, chocolatey, and rich. They also have a nice crunch on top with the addition of chopped nuts.
When cravings arise, especially during that time of the month, my go-to is usually something with chocolate. These avocado brownies definitely satisfy that craving especially with an extra drizzle of melted chocolate on top!
How to Make Homemade Avocado Brownies
Instead of buying a box mix I sometimes like make my own. While box mixes offer convenience, many of these ingredients might already be chilling in your kitchen. Need to use up extra avocados? This recipe takes care of that.
In this recipe, I downplayed the sweetness a tad by adding less brown sugar. Typically in most recipes sugar can be decreased by a third before there’s any change to the physical properties of the final product. So if a recipe calls for 1 cup I only use 2/3. If you’re a fan of a sweeter brownie feel free to add an extra 1/3 cup of sugar to the recipe.
Brownies are usually made with vegetable oil or butter. In this recipe, I have cut the butter in half and add mashed avocados to replace the rest. The reason I don’t completely cut out the butter is that I find the batter does not incorporate as well. This is because avocado doesn’t have the same melting properties as butter. Again if you don’t have extra avocados laying around your kitchen you could always add the full amount of butter, which would be 1 cup for this recipe.
What are the benefits of eating avocados?
- Great source of potassium, vitamin C, vitamin A, and vitamin E
- Good source of fiber – helps you feel full
- Contains heart-healthy monounsaturated fatty acids. Monounsaturated fats have been shown to decrease bad cholesterol (LDL) and increase good cholesterol (HDL).
Can I freeze brownies?
If it’s just you at home you can make a batch of these up and share them with roommates, family, friends, or coworkers. You can also freeze them for up to three months. To do this just wrap each brownie individually in plastic wrap and then place the individual wrapped brownies a large freezer bag.Print
Delicious and satisfying avocado brownies that pair perfectly with your favorite kind of milk whether it be dairy or plant-based.
- 2/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups cocoa powder
- 1 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup mashed avocado (3–4 avocados)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 4 large eggs;2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup pistachios, roasted and roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 9×9 pan with parchment paper and grease or spay with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine butter and brown sugar. Briskly whisk with a hand held or stand mixer.
- Then whisk in the mashed avocado. Whisk in eggs one at a time.
- Add in cocoa powder, salt, and vanilla extract. Gently fold in the flour until well combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking pan and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Once out of the oven spread an even layer of chopped pistachios on top of the brownies.
Instructions above in this post on how to freeze your brownies.
- Category: Dessert
Keywords: Easy Avocado Brownies, freeze brownies, healthy brownies, pistachios, avocado dessert, healthy snacks
Let me know in the comments section below if you try these easy avocado brownies!
Don’t forget to save these avocado brownies to your Pinterest board!